Artisan Market Application 2021
Saturday, May 1, 9am-6pm & Sunday, May 2, 12am-6pm
Now in its 21st year, Tulip Time Festival invites you apply and participate in the 2020 Artisan Market! As is tradition, the Artisan Market will be a juried show, mandating all artists display only handmade and original work. Buy/sell vendors are strictly prohibited. The jury strives to ensure the highest quality art, while also minimizing duplication.
During this unpredictable time it is so hard to plan for what may or may not happen in the future. The safety of all vendors, volunteers and visitors is our top priority. For this reason all of our plans must include the ability to facilitate social distancing and control capacity. Therefore, we are planning some changes to this event:
1) We will relocate the Artisan Market to the outdoor grounds of Beechwood Church, 895 Ottawa Beach Road. This much larger space allows us to spread vendor booths out to help maintain social distancing practices. This location also allows crowd management by having a designated entrance/exit. In addition, timed-ticketing will be used for admission, which allows us to control the number of visitors at any given time.
2) There will be parking available for vendors, volunteers and for shoppers including the ability to unload at your designated tent space!
3) There will be a designated building for vendors and volunteers with an indoor bathroom and kitchen for snacks along with a great check-in area!
4) There will be space for food trucks on site!
5) There will be designated port-o-jon locations inside the area as well as outside the shopping area.
We are hopeful that these changes will allow this amazing event to take place in 2021! Of course, we must follow all guidelines and if something should change we reserve the right to adjust our plans.
If you are a vendor, you are able to apply starting Friday, December 18.
Applications available: December 11, 2020
Application deadline: February 12th, 2021
Acceptance information announced: March 5th, 2021
Accepted Artist Booth Fee Deadline: March 19th, 2021
Booth layout announced: March 31, 2021
Rules & Regulations
- All artwork must be the original, handcrafted work of the displaying artist.
- Buy/Sell vendors are strictly prohibited. All items must be the original work of the artist and not mass-produced.
- Only items juried into the show will be allowed to be sold during the Tulip Time Artisan Market. Vendors selling unacceptable items or items not juried into the show, will be asked to remove said items and/or vacate their space with no refund.
- The crafter must be present the entire time of the show and agree to be open during all hours. If an artist leaves early, they will not be invited back.
- Booths are not transferable and may not be shared with other exhibitors.
- Artists are responsible for providing their display including tents, tables, chairs, etc.
- No smoking, loud sound systems, or noisy generators are allowed in booth areas.
- No power or water is available at booth site.
- There is reserved Artist Parking. Suggested parking areas will be highlighted in the Artist Acceptant Packet (sent to invited artists).
- Wifi WILL NOT be available in the park. Please make other arrangements to complete transactions.
- Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and paying the State of Michigan Sales Tax of 6%.
- Security is provided overnight on Friday,April 30 and Saturday, May 1. Tulip Time will not be held responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- Artists are required to check-in, register their name and receive their event information upon arrival to the show BEFORE unloading and set-up may begin.
- Artists not checked-in by 9:30am and set up by 9:45am on the event date may lose their space without a refund.
- This is a rain or shine show. No provisions, refunds, or alternate dates are made in case of cancellations due to acts of God or government agency requirements.
- Exhibitors agree to allow Tulip Time Festival to use photos in promotions.
- Vendor Cancellation – other than a medical emergency, with written documentation from your physician, there is no refund. There will be a refund if covid related.
- Tulip Time Artisan Market Coordinators reserve the right to remove any vendors from their space for not following the rules, regulations, terms and conditions set forth in this document and the acceptance packet.
- All booths are approximately 12'x12' spaces allowing for one 10x10 tent.Artists are responsible for providing all display needs including tents, tables, chairs, etc.
Registration fee (non-refundable): $35 (paid at the time of application submission)
Single Booth (10'x10'): $200
Double Booth (10'x20'): $400
**Upon invitation, artists will be prompted to purcahse their booth space to confirm participation. Please refer to artist notification timeline for payment deadline.
**It is important that you view the site map BEFORE you make your booth request. This is a new location and there are several different opportunities.
Artist booth location is decided by the event committee. Artists - If you would like to request a specific booth, please see the site map attached to this application. List your top 3 booth requests, beginning with the booth number you desire MOST.
For questions or concerns, please contact
Tulip Time Artisan Market 2021