Artisan Market Application
Saturday, May 4, 10am-6pm & Sunday, May 5, 10am-4pm
Now in its 19th year, Tulip Time Festival invites you to 'Join the Dance' at the 2019 Tulip Time Artisan Market! As is tradition, the Artisan Market will be a juried show, mandating all artists display only handmade and original work. Buy/sell vendors are strictly prohibited. The jury strives to ensure the highest quality art, while also minimizing duplication.
Applications available: Monday, October 15, 2018
Application deadline: Friday, February 8, 2019
Acceptance information announced: Friday, March 1, 2019
Accepted Artist Booth Fee Deadline: Friday, March 8, 2019
Booth layout announced: Monday, April 1, 2019
Rules & Regulations
- All artwork must be the original, handcrafted work of the displaying artist.
- Buy/Sell vendors are strictly prohibited. All items must be the original work of the artist and not mass-produced.
- Only items juried into the show will be allowed to be sold during the Tulip Time Artisan Market. Vendors selling unacceptable items or items not juried into the show, will be asked to remove said items and/or vacate their space with no refund.
- The crafter must be present the entire time of the show and agree to be open during all hours. If an artist leaves early, they will not be invited back.
- Booths are not transferable and may not be shared with other exhibitors.
- Artists are responsible for providing their display including tents, tables, chairs, etc.
- No tent or product stakes are allowed for booth set up or product display in park. Please make necessary arrangements for displays.
- No smoking, loud sound systems, or noisy generators are allowed in booth areas.
- No power or water is available at booth site.
- Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and paying the State of Michigan Sales Tax of 6%.
- Security is provided overnight on Friday, May 3 and Saturday, May 4.
- Artists are required to check-in, register their name and receive their event information upon arrival to the show BEFORE unloading and set-up may begin.
- Artists not checked-in by 9:30am and set up by 9:45am on the event date may lose their space without a refund.
- This is a rain or shine show. No provisions, refunds, or alternate dates are made in case of cancellations due to acts of God or government agency requirements.
- Exhibitors agree to allow Tulip Time Festival to use photos in promotions.
- The Artisan Market is part of a larger festival located in a downtown, populated area. Therefore parking, unloading, and loading rules must be strictly followed. Accepted vendors must adhere to the parking, unloading, and loading regulations included in their acceptance packet.
- Vendor Cancellation – other than a medical emergency, with written documentation from your physician, there is no refund.
- Tulip Time Artisan Market Coordinators reserve the right to remove any vendors from their space for not following the rules, regulations, terms and conditions set forth in this document and the acceptance packet.
- If you are a food vendor making food onsite, the City of Holland requires you to fill out a Transient Merchant License application and pay any additional fees. Upon acceptance to the Tulip Time Artisan Market, fees are due to the City of Holland by Friday, April 20, 2019. This form can be found online at http://www.cityofholland.com/cityclerk/tulip-time-transient-merchant-license
Victoria Raterink, Event Coordinator 616-396-4221 x117
Artists, Tulip Time is pleased to be utilizing ZAPPlication, the premier online application process, for a second year! No doubt, many of you are already familiar with this system as hundreds of shows and thousands of artists utilize this service. ZAPP is free to artists and easy to set up and use. Vendors interested in applying for the 2019 Artisan Market must submit an application through ZAPP – paper applications will not be accepted.
Click here for additional details regarding the application platform ZAPP