Dutch Dogs on Parade
As part of the Kinderparade on Thursday, May 11, 2023 we're inviting all our hometown dogs to dress in their Dutch costumes (no inspection needed!) and strut their stuff! Holland loves their pups and our pups love a parade. To our canine klompers - it's OK to skip the wooden shoes! All well-behaved dogs (and owners) are encouraged to participate!
- All dogs must be registered online by April 24, no day-of registration.
- Have one adult (18 and over) per dog, one guest allowed per adult.
- Leash your dog the entire parade (flex leads and shock collars are not permitted). Dog must be able to walk entire length of parade (1.5 miles) or be carried.
- Have rabies certificate or proof of vaccine for your dog.
- Have your dog in Dutch duds. Dutch costume optional for owners.
- Be prepared to pick up after your dog before and during the parade.
- Be fine with many people taking pictures of you and your pooch!
- Dogs must be well-behaved and able to be around large crowds, children and other dogs.
With any further questions, please contact our Parade Coordinator, Kim Vandermolen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-396-4221 ext. 104
Parade Route — 8th between Columbia & Kollen Park
Indicates free public parking lots
- Street parking allowed unless noted
- Privately managed, paid parking areas also found throughout the area