Dutch Dogs on Parade
Bringing up the 'tail end' of the Volksparade!
We're inviting all our hometown dogs to dress in their Dutch costumes (no inspection needed!) and strut their stuff! Holland loves their pups and our pups love a parade. To our canine klompers - it's OK to skip the wooden shoes! All well-behaved dogs (and owners) are encouraged to participate!
- All dogs must be registered online by April 24, no day-of registration.
- Have one adult (18 and over) per dog, one guest allowed per adult.
- Leash your dog the entire parade (flex leads and shock collars are not permitted). Dog must be able to walk entire length of parade (1.5 miles) or be carried.
- Have rabies certificate or proof of vaccine for your dog.
- Have your dog in Dutch duds (click here for costume resources). Dutch costume optional for owners.
- Be prepared to pick up after your dog before and during the parade.
- Be fine with many people taking pictures of you and your pooch!
- Dogs must be well-behaved and able to be around large crowds, children and other dogs.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
With any further questions, please contact our Parade Coordinator, Torri Raterink at [email protected] or 616-396-4221 ext. 117
Parade Route — 8th between Columbia & Kollen Park
- Street Parking is allowed unless noted.
- Paid Parking may be available at some churches or businesses.