Kinder Dutch Dancers
Join the Dance! The Tulip Time Festival invites all 3rd, 4th or 5th grade children from the greater Holland/Zeeland area to participate in our Kinder Dutch Dance program.
Join the FUN of being a Dutch Dancer! Individual children or groups of children (i.e. theater troupe, sports team, schools, churches, family, neighborhood, etc.) are invited to participate in this parent-sponsored, parent-supported activity.
- There is a $25 registration fee per child
- There are additional costs involved for required costumes and wooden shoes
- Note the important dates below for key days and times
- When registering, participants select from the practice locations and times that work best for their schedules. Below is the schedule of practices for 2018:
Hamilton: Tuesdays at 7pm at Hamilton Middle School Cafeteria
Zeeland: Saturdays at 11am at Howard Miller Library
Black River: Thursdays at 3:30pm in the cafeteria
Holland Public: Thursdays at 7pm at Holland East K-7 Main Gym
Holland Christian: Mondays at 3:45pm at Pine Ridge
Registration for 2018 is now open!
A signed "Waiver and Release" and "Consent and Agreement" form will need to be filled out and turned in to coaches in order for children to participate.
2018 forms coming soon.
- January 18, 6pm – KDD Informational Meeting at the Holland Police Department in the Community Room. Have questions about KDD? Meet the coaches. Hear about the program!
- February 1 – Registration closes
- February 3 – Coaches Mtg – coaches get list of dancers, expect coach contact very soon!
- February 10 – Costume Resale, Accessory/Hat sale, Pick up costume spec sheet for sewing (location & time TBD)
- February 13 – Costume Resale (location & time TBD)
- February 17 – Accessory/Hat sale, Pick up costume spec sheet for sewing (location & time TBD)
- February 20 – Pick up costume spec sheet for sewing (location & time TBD)
- February 24-March 3 – all practices begin
- March 1 – previous dancers inspections (location & time TBD)
- March 14 & 15 – new costume cutting (location and time TBD)
- April 19 – KDD inspections, as needed
- May 3&4 – Dress rehearsal performances
- May 5-13 – Tulip Time performances!
The specific Spakenburg costume is required.
Key Details & How to Wear Your Dutch Costume
Most items are in PDF format (click here if you need a PDF reader.)
For questions or more information about Kinder Dutch Dance, contact Jen Tenpas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for being a part of Tulip Time!